FEED OF THE FUTURE
We produce sustainable protein feed for aquaculture, livestock and pets.
ABOUT BIOKIND PROTEIN
BioKind protein is a natural, sustainable and traceable feed ingredient for aquaculture, livestock and pets. Produced via natural fermentation, it is non-GMO, price competitive with existing sources of protein and produced to the highest quality standards.
BioKind protein is created from the natural fermentation of agricultural waste.
Minimal carbon footprint with nearly zero water input & highly efficient land use.
BioKind feed protein is highly nutritious and is fully traceable from source to consumption.
Harvesting nutrients from crop waste
To create nutritious protein feed
To create nutritious protein feed
Our concept is simple: nutrients from agricultural waste can be converted into a highly concentrated protein product for aquaculture and livestock feed. In doing this, we help reduce the over-fishing and inefficient land use associated with current feed production. Furthermore, our natural fermentation process releases 50% less CO2, and our product contains no toxins or feed inhibitors.
A team is unique, an individual is not.
Max holds a Master’s degree in Molecular Biotechnology. Previously, Max worked for five years in communications and marketing roles and on UK government grant programmes which fund international science projects with a sustainable development focus. He has a long-standing interest in sustainable agriculture and biotechnology.
Chien An Chua
Chien holds a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College London. He is currently pursuing his PhD in Mechanical Engineering under the Non-Destructive Evaluation group at Imperial College London. Chien has several years of work experience in aquaculture and aquaponics. In his free time, Chien enjoys practicing Brazilian Jiujitsu.
Rui Yan Lee (RYAN)
Ryan holds a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College London. He is currently pursuing his PhD in Particle Technology at Imperial College London. Ryan has previously founded a Medtech startup which was a finalist of the Institute of Chemical Biology’s Dragon’s Den 2017 and semi-finalist of the Imperial College Enterprise Lab Venture Catalyst Challenge 2017 ranked 8th over 300+ teams.
Gerard Gregg-Smith, Managing Director of GGS Associates, is a life sciences and financial services executive search and capital introduction specialist with 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry and 15 years in investment banking, living and working in Asia, America and Europe. He helps companies across life sciences, cleantech and other tech sectors find funding, talent, and business connections, and is an investor and mentor. He supports Biokind in their growth, funding and business strategy.
Nikhil is a senior consultant at Roland Berger with a strong business and technical background, having attended at both Harvard Business School and Imperial College London. Before working in strategy consulting, Nikhil worked in industry for several years, including at Boeing in International Strategic Partnerships and at Rolls-Royce in Innovation Strategy. Nikhil ensures BioKind stays competitive through the implementation of an innovative business strategy.
- EIT Food Entrepreneur 2018 – Top 3 FinalistsDecember 4, 2018EIT Food Entrepreneurship 2018 December 4 2018 We are happy to announce that BioKind was selected as one of the top 3 finalists (out of 100 European teams) for 2018 EIT Food Entrepreneurship Prize which includes an award of €10,000. The Entrepreneur […]
- Climate Launchpad Grand Final 2018 – Top 10 FinalistsNovember 3, 2018Climate Launchpad Grand Final 2018 November 2 2018 We are happy to announce that BioKind was selected as one of the top 10 finalists (out of 1500 international teams) for the 2018 Climate Launchpad Grand Final. As a result of this, we have won […]
- FoodBytes 2018 – Highly Commended AwardSeptember 15, 2018FoodBytes! London 2018 September 15 2018 Today, BioKind was selected as the receipient of the Highly Commendable award out of 20 cutting-edge food and agriculture startups who took to the stage to present game-changing solutions for the global […]
- Imperial College Business School IB Pitch 2018 – Runner UpAugust 9, 2018Imperial College Business School IB Pitch 2018 August 9 2018 BioKind has just won 2nd place at IB Pitch 2018, which is Imperial Business School’s flagship competition, for a prize money of £3,000. IB Pitch is a six- week programme that gives […]
- London Business School’s CleanTech Challenge 2018 – 1st Place WinnerMay 2, 2018Winner of CleanTech Challenge 2018 May 2 2018 Great news! BioKind has just won this year’s CleanTech Challenge for a prize money of £10,000. The CleanTech Challenge is an annual global competition organised by the London Business School and […]
Email: protein [at@] biokind [dot.] co [dot.] uk
Address: Imperial College London
© 2018 by BioKind
Registered in the UK: 11375723